Students that are citizens of non EU or EEA countries have to get Sweden student visa or residence permit for studying is Sweden. Visas and residence permits depends the duration of course. If you will stay in Sweden less than 3 months Sweden student visa is required; if you will stay more than 3 months you must get residence permit.
Sweden Student Visa: Requirements
Some documents are necessary for Sweden student visa application. These are:
- Applicants must been accepted from full-time accredited university in Sweden
- Tuition fee payment for your course of study.
- Valid passport at least 6 months
- Letter of admission from the university
- Proof of financial ability for duration of study in Sweden
- Applicants have to fully intend to leave Sweden after their course ends
How to Apply for Sweden Student Visa?
First; you need to fill Sweden student visa application form. Applicants can be done online. Then gather all required documents. You have to pay fee for applications. If you apply online; you can pay with credit card or debit card. If you apply for visa online; Migration Board will start work on your form and waiting process is beginning for you. You need to go Swedish embassy or consulate if photograph or fingerprint is necessary. You will get an email about your application. You need to contact with embassy after you receive an email to book an appointment. Bring your passport with you when you are going this appointment. Some embassies send residence permit card by post; get information about it.