International students who want to study in Luxembourg more than 90 days have to get Luxembourg student visa. This visa is granted to students who already been accepted from higher education institute in Luxembourg. Students that are citizen of certain countries do not need visa; if they stay Luxembourg less than 3 months. Luxembourg is a member of the Schengen Agreement; so citizens of Schengen Agreement countries do not have to get visa if they stay less than 3 months. Citizens of European Union countries do not required to get visa no matter the length of study.
Luxembourg Student Visa: Eligibility
- First of all; applicants must be accepted from Luxembourg’s higher education institute.
- Proof of tuition fee payment
- Valid passport at least 6 month extended than visa with at least two blank pages
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of finance that shows you support yourself during the time that you stay in Luxembourg
- Valid health insurance
- Proof of you are intended to country when your study ends
How to Apply for Luxembourg Student Visa?
Applicants must get temporary authorization to stay from Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg before they apply Luxembourg student visa. This authorization is only valid for 90 days. You have to get your student visa in Luxembourg with in these 90 days.
First; you should get visa application form online or you can get it from Luxembourg’s Diplomatic Mission. Complete and sign this application form. Prepare your recent photos and get an appointment from Luxembourg visa application center. Submit completed form and all required documents above. Pay the application fee for Luxembourg student visa.