International students want to study in Russia have to get Russian student visa. Before appyling for visa; students have to be accepted from Russian university.
How to get Russian student visa?
You need to follow steps to get Russian student visa:
- First; you need to get invitation or acceptance letter from Russian university or institute.
- You need to complete visa application form online and then print it. Do not forget to sign it.
- You need to prepare required documents Russian student visa.
- With required documents; you should go Russian embassy in your home country. Fees change according to country. Prepare your visa fee before you go embassy.
- When you arrive Russia; you need to register visa within 7 days.
You must have valid passport with at least two blank pages to apply of Russian student visa. Passport should be valid at least 6 months. Applicant must have completed and signed application form to apply. For student visa letter of invitation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by university is required. You need to show that you leave Russia after your study program ends. Recent photos are necessary for visa. Your current diploma or certificate and general health certificate is necessary for applications.
It is possible to extend Russian student visa. If you will stay in Russia more than 3 months; visa will be extended after you arrive in Russia. Student visa stay valid during your course duration. You can convert single entry visa to multiple entry according the length of your course.