The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES) is offered by University of Amsterdam for international students. This scholarship is only available students outside Europe and for master’s degree level. University of Amsterdam offers many different fields for master’s. These are law school, economics and business, science faculty, humanities, psychology, social sciences, communication and child development and education. IELTS score is necessary for application and it should be 7.0 overall at last.
Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships is a full scholarship. It allows €25,000 for one education year included tuition fee and living costs of students. It is possible extend this scholarship for 2 years if you take 2 years master’s course.
Eligibility for Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships
Candidates who wish to get this scholarship will meet some requirements. These are:
- Candidates should have on-EU/EEA passport to apply this scholarship.
- Candidates should be admitted to English-taught Master’s degree program which is registered by Central Register of Higher Education Programmes.
- Candidates should provide Dutch visa regulations.
- Candidates can’t apply another scholarship program while the period of Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships.
- Candidates should admit to a Master’s programme at the UvA first time; second time admitted candidates can’t take this scholarship.
Candidates that meet these eligible criteria should also be proper to some other criteria. Their academic records and success have a role. Candidates should write a motivation letters that explains reasons to choose this master’s programme. Also recommendation letters are necessary too.
Eligible candidates make applications admissions through the office of the faculties or graduate schools. Scholarship application starts 1 November 2015 and lasts 15 January 2016. Deadline is earlier than many other master’s degree programs so be careful and do not pass deadline.